Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 05/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 05/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3268W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 02:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2623W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1303W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 07:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 09:10 UTC
A 946W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1054W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1687W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 146W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 17:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed