欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

swift-hashrate-415 · 05/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 708W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1440W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2375W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1746W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 608W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3218W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 12:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1862W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed