Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2832W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1070W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but a 679W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 09:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1049W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my S19 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed