欢迎来到未来

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Undervolting results thread — share your curves

nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2797W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 05/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2981W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 00:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1056W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. a 241W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 392W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 762W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
A 3181W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1669W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 03:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2644W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 10:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3158W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed