Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?

delta-circuit-965 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 05/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 05/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 05/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 05/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1360W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
A 2587W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 23:00 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 05/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 2984W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 04:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1034W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2567W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 08:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2675W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2649W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 10:00 UTC
A 3084W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 11:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 12:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1462W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 528W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed