Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

quiet-cipher-484 · 05/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 05/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 05/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 05/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 646W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
A 278W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 05/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 05/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 05/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 05/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 05/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 05/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2077W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 01:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 03:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 03:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2707W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2195W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 05:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 07:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 08:00 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2105W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 06/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 13:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 15:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 900W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 295W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed