未来へようこそ

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Second-hand market sanity check

brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1784W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 778W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my KS3 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed