← Forum ·
Hashrate & Rig Rental
Test rentals — how small is too small?
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 17:20 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1324W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 23:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 378W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. a 2622W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.