Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1698W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3096W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1103W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 373W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 08:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1706W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 13:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 543W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 15:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1514W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 742W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3184W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1609W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1170W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 289W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 478W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a 244W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3109W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2284W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 477W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 372W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1845W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2465W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3385W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 07:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 101W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3109W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
A 2112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 593W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 13:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 15:00 UTC
A 224W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1168W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1121W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M50 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 02:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 10:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1839W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed