Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

nova-cipher-479 · 06/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1005W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1313W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2366W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2039W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 144W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 402W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M60 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 08:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 534W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2617W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2227W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2882W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1400W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2463W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2091W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1291W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2256W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
Solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 780W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 10:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
A 399W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3003W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 111W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed