Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1355W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
A 116W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1054W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 869W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3147W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
A 1763W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1539W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 726W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2925W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2314W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 673W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1218W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 440W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 664W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 1582W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1558W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 1387W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed