未来へようこそ

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?

turbo-cipher-977 · 06/09/26 18:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 178W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 742W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 20:30 UTC
A 3208W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1580W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3007W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
A 503W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1965W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2930W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3080W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my KS3 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2612W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
A 1767W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 10:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 10:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1115W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 13:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2133W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 18:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed