Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

S21 owners: what would you change?

crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 19:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 21:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 781W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 03:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1181W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 382W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed