Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 86

solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 2022W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3115W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 06/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 21:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 994W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 07:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 14:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2929W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3143W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1162W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3395W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2465W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1433W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1390W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 21:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 23:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 00:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 891W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 800W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 04:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 115W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1750W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 48W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2180W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 327W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 06:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 937W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3333W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 12:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2211W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 17:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 17:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 6 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 19:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 20:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 254W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 264W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 879W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 23:50 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1310W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 268W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 06:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-node-496 · 11/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 10:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 10:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 11:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 11/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 11/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 17:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my old S9 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 17:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 18:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 18:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2861W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed