Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?

crimson-mempool-907 · 06/09/26 20:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 06/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1142W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 06/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 06/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 06/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 06/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1021W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 06/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 3194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1481W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 14:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
A 936W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1921W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2072W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2081W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2989W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 968W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3205W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2054W nobody budgets for.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 10:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
A 2513W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 12:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1181W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 119W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 726W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 643W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2759W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 171W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 20:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 92W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
A 3176W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 07:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 11:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 11 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed