Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

cosmic-beacon-346 · 06/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 06/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 06/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 06/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 06/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 06/09/26 23:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 06/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 06/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
A 2966W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3229W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 02:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 03:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1000W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 05:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 240W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3095W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3373W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 07/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 07/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2726W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 07/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 11:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 15:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 16:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 221W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed