← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
M60 owners: what would you change?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 15:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3120W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1675W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 07/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 23:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2559W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2518W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. my old S9 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. my M60 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my S21 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 12:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.