Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

noble-dynamo-806 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1773W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 07/09/26 19:10 UTC
A 488W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 07/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 23:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2940W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2952W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2979W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1049W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 10:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2229W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 20:00 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 986W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 00:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 715W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 05:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 10:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2828W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 787W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 363W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 143W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2289W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 999W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2493W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2349W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 80W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 866W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 11:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3247W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 14:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2199W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 16:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 19:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 20:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 23:50 UTC
A 485W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1313W nobody budgets for.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2871W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 395W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2674W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 02:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1079W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2881W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 11/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 10:40 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 14:10 UTC
A 804W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 871W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 14:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 14:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 17:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1795W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 18:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 20:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 580W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 814W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 23:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 01:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. a 2993W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 02:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 05:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2922W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 06:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 07:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1691W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2768W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed