Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 07/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 18:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 07/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 07/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 07/09/26 20:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 07/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 07/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 00:40 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 960W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2480W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 07:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 09:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 694W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 12:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed