← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?
solar-cipher-254 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 07/09/26 20:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 07/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
zen-halving-251 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1860W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 07/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 07/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 23:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 07/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 07/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 02:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1369W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 327W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 03:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 05:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 06:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2170W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 962W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 12:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1309W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 18:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3363W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
A 2193W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 06:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2980W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 10:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2758W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1394W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 12:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2227W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 15:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2567W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 916W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 09:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2140W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1808W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1809W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?