Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

brave-rig-256 · 07/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 07/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 07/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 07/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 07/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 07/09/26 23:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 04:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 07:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 07:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 08/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 10:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 11:10 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1696W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 13:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 14:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 14:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 15:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2463W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 08/09/26 16:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2786W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 08/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed