Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 08/09/26 17:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-miner-337 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 08/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 08/09/26 22:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 03:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2631W nobody budgets for.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2814W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2207W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 625W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 1215W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 16:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2724W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed