Welcome to the Future

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Undervolting results thread — share your curves

delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 08/09/26 18:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 19:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 08/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 08/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3286W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 22:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 08/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 08/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 00:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2361W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 06:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 06:40 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 126W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2300W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 13:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 93W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 15:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 424W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. a 592W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed