Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

nova-cipher-479 · 08/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 08/09/26 20:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 08/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 21:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 08/09/26 21:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 08/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 08/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 08/09/26 22:10 UTC
Late to this one but my KS3 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 08/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 08/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 08/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 102W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 08/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3287W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2700W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2563W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 06:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 07:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 07:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 10:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 12:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 15:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 954W nobody budgets for.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my M60 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1664W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 338W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 10:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2690W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
A 843W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 20:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 20:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1429W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 22:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 22:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 00:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 01:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 02:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 02:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 11/09/26 04:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 05:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 11/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 09:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 11:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2989W nobody budgets for.
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2789W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 14:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1270W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my M50 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 16:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 16:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
A 653W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2547W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed