Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

cosmic-beacon-346 · 08/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 08/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2973W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-nonce-225 · 08/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 08/09/26 23:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 02:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1261W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 09/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 04:10 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 04:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 05:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2881W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 07:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 08:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 837W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my S19 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my KS3 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 11:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 11:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 14:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 14:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed