Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Fan swaps that actually lowered noise

zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 15:50 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 16:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 16:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 09/09/26 17:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 3302W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2371W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my KS3 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 02:50 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 06:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1010W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2875W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2340W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 548W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 14:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 992W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 17:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 19:30 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1137W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1010W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 1199W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 23:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 00:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2659W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 01:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 01:20 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 415W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 07:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 07:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2723W nobody budgets for.
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1304W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1699W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 09:00 UTC
A 2969W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 10:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 10:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 11:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 12:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 12:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 12:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 14:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 683W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 16:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 17:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1046W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 18:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 19:20 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 01:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 568W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2031W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
A 1162W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 08:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 08:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 503W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 10:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 11:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 16:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 17:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 18:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1288W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 18:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M60 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1393W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1084W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2080W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2693W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3208W nobody budgets for.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 1267W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 498W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2835W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2800W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 3022W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1245W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 06:00 UTC
A 460W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my M60 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2162W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1683W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1378W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3217W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3186W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2331W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed