Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 17:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S21 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed