Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

GPU retirement homes — where did your cards end up?

turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 20:40 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 197W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 09/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 34 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 117W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 08:30 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 47 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. a 1842W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2827W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1023W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed