Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Payout thresholds and the fees nobody counts

swift-hashrate-415 · 09/09/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my old S9 has been at it for 25 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 3290W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1020W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 896W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 849W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2695W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a 269W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1837W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed