← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
The dinner-table energy debate — fresh arguments?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-cipher-479 · 09/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 09/09/26 20:40 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 09/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1256W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1816W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 268W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 542W nobody budgets for.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1692W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 06:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 07:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1879W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1662W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 11:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 11:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 11:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 13:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 18:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 18:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.