← Forum ·
General
Forum feature wishes — keep them coming
noble-wallet-319 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
A 3390W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 09/09/26 21:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 22:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 09/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 09/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 09/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 141W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 291W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 10:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1602W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
A 1813W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 12:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 13:10 UTC
A 312W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3384W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 16:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 17:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 18:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 20:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 10/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1954W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 10/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2098W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 23:50 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 02:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 11/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 03:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 11/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 05:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 2 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 11/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 06:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 07:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-halving-589 · 11/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 11/09/26 08:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 08:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 13:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 11/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 16:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 17:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 11/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.