Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

crimson-mempool-907 · 09/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 09/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 09/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 09/09/26 20:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 09/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 09/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 09/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1445W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 09/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 09/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 09/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 09/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2236W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 01:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 01:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 10/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 02:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 02:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2021W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 10/09/26 04:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 04:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 10/09/26 04:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 557W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. a 1210W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 10/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. a 611W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 10/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3114W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 07:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 10/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 10/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
frost-nonce-924 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 10/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 09:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 10/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 10/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 10/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 10/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 10/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 10/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 10/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 12:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 10/09/26 13:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1635W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 10/09/26 13:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 10/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 10/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 10/09/26 15:00 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 10/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 10/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 10/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-circuit-782 · 10/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 10/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-537 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 10/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 10/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 10/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1028W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 10/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed