未来へようこそ

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-cipher-479 · 11/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 11/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 21:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 11/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 01:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 01:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 03:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 04:10 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 04:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 07:00 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 389W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 09:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1287W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 12:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 13:50 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 16:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed