欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

lucky-beacon-567 · 11/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 11/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 11/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 11/09/26 21:00 UTC
A 2767W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 11/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 22:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 11/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 11/09/26 23:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 11/09/26 23:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 00:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 00:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 01:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1977W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1111W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 02:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 03:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 04:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 280W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 06:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2698W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 08:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 09:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 10:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
A 2099W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 12:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 13:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 13:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 14:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 14:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 16:20 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 16:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 18:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3041W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1147W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1774W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
A 1674W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1421W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1621W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1842W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1342W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 602W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1130W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
A 2677W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 170W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1026W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 06:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my S21 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 13:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 14:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
A 1650W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. a 103W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1826W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1320W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed