← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Fan swaps that actually lowered noise
night-kernel-772 · 11/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 11/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 11/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
solar-oracle-291 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 11/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 3227W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3347W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my old S9 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 02:40 UTC
A 1286W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 04:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 06:10 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 08:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 09:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 10:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 15:30 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 12/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 16:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 16:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 16:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 18:10 UTC
A 56W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 12/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 372W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 985W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1872W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 2026W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
A 949W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. a 2883W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a 605W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2471W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
A 2505W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2323W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1102W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2016W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 16:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 402W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
A 1646W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my L7 has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1900W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 360W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3216W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
A 2314W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my S19 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2839W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 1034W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3086W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 765W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 1670W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3288W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 565W nobody budgets for.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2903W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
A 3146W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2107W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1771W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
A 2090W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2633W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.