Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

golden-stratum-402 · 11/09/26 21:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 11/09/26 22:00 UTC
Renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 11/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 11/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 11/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 11/09/26 23:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 11/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 11/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 564W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 00:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. my KS3 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 12/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 03:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 05:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1981W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 06:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1711W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 06:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 09:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2632W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 09:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 09:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. a 2344W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 10:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 12:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 14:00 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 16:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 17:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed