Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2227W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 18:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 18:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1466W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 19:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 19:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3182W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 77W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 572W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 3194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2215W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 464W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2351W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2930W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1364W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1900W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 17:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed