Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 18:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 66 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 18:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1875W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-kernel-772 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Late to this one but ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. a 521W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 583W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1589W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2443W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1075W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my M50 has been at it for 55 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1768W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed