欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics

noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2690W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 939W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 701W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1157W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my S19 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2503W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 236W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1468W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3325W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 487W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my L7 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 635W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3298W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my L7 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 07:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 15:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 144W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1082W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
A 960W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2335W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. a 2500W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
A 3090W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1782W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2426W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my L7 has been at it for 56 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. a 1269W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1617W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2838W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2209W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2161W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 318W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 11:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 840W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1876W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed