Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1008W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1700W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 06:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 24 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 410W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3338W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2913W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 544W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 255W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2854W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 915W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 470W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my L7 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1645W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1977W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 11:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed