Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 75 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 74 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 746W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2543W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1521W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 04:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. my M50 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 863W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 10:40 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 81W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 70 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but a 824W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2053W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed