Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Wall numbers vs dashboard numbers — post your gap

night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3356W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 84W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
A 3196W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1909W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
A 3260W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2976W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2255W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1086W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2630W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1810W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2865W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 562W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
A 507W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1681W nobody budgets for.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 02:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1082W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 656W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2684W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 905W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1476W nobody budgets for.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1018W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2816W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my KS3 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S19 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. a 1328W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2665W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 287W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 522W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed