Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

lucky-beacon-567 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 20:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 12/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
A 3255W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. a 1527W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
A 2938W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2231W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed