Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 24

night-node-496 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
A 1922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1206W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1127W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1055W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 82 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 527W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 33 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 345W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2615W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 694W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3120W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 998W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 78 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
A 3366W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2332W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3027W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3040W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 737W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
A 2940W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 361W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1461W nobody budgets for.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2427W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed