欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Cryptoverse Lounge

Cheap-power stories, part 72

nova-cipher-479 · 12/09/26 20:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 2727W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 569W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 15 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2793W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
A 2087W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed