Bienvenue dans le futur

← Forum · General

Weekly wins and losses thread

golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 12/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-block-742 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1439W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 834W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Interesting point above. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 220W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1865W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1923W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 13:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2691W nobody budgets for.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3300W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
A 1910W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. a 1168W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 2356W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my S21 has been at it for 65 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
A 2906W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 361W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 07:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2918W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second this. my S19 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1569W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3021W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 16:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
This matches my experience. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 80 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
My M50 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2734W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1393W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1644W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1826W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 533W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1730W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed