Добро пожаловать в будущее

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my S21 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 23:40 UTC
A 1349W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my old S9 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1327W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
A 3161W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2437W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 10:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1261W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1270W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 694W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 06:30 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2181W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1055W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1582W nobody budgets for.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 14:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 433W nobody budgets for.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
A 400W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
A 2964W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1585W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 12 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 1624W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2862W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my old S9 has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 778W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my M60 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 735W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
A 2078W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2155W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1446W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 2662W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2823W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2673W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 3324W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 03:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 76 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2764W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe has been at it for 9 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 09:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2535W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. my L7 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
A 1772W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 15:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3069W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1267W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2028W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3049W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2556W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2702W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1197W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2621W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 63 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 19:50 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 903W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed