미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · General

New members: introduce yourselves

atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 21:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 23:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 01:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3140W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. a 3083W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
A 2041W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 09:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2585W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 15:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Late to this one but a 2155W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 16:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed