← Forum ·
Bitcoin Mining
Night tariffs: how are you structuring the schedule?
omega-beacon-332 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my S19 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 02:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 02:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:00 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 2116W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 05:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 777W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1987W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 13:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 15:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2904W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?