← Forum ·
Cryptoverse Lounge
Cheap-power stories, part 62
lucky-halving-589 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 12/09/26 22:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 122W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 12/09/26 23:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 00:20 UTC
Underrated topic. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 03:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 980W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2688W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 09:00 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 10:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2359W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2488W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 14:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 17:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Late to this one but I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.